Fall 2018



Fall time really flies by. One minute its summer, then you blink, and its winter.  Maybe the time is moving so quickly because our plates are so full. I keep telling Craig to quit picking up other stuff--publishing book reviews, editing drafts of other publications, assisting his prof with research, plus church stuff, etc.--and just focus on his PhD already. But I'm doing a million things as well. In addition to continuing writing for an online curriculum resource, I've got my church job, my after-school club job, and I've picked up regular hours for Ministry Architects, which has been great. I started volunteering at New Leaf Coop, my favourite (natural) grocer.

Recently Craig rejoined his rec-league basketball team and we started running together on Saturdays. Sometimes we have friends. We've also watched tons of NBA and even most of Arkansas' comically bad football season. We make chili every weekend. We tried three new coffee shops and discovered the best donuts (also donut french toast which is actually the best meal I've had here). We skipped Thanksgiving but kept our tradition of watching Elf that weekend, while putting up Christmas decorations, and eating Christmas cookies. Who knows what Craig read this season--some old boring stuff most likely. I read: Out of SortsLittle Fires EverywhereTurtles All the Way Down, and Becoming. (I need to read 11 more this month to meet my goal of 30 this year lol) Oh yeah and my parents came to visit and we went to London. And we bought a (new) desk chair and a rug and a coffee table which makes all the difference in the world.

When the seasons change and the light and colours of fall shine out, I feel so energized, like nothing can bring me down. Even early morning bus rides are beautiful. But then Halloween passes and it's dark early in the evening, and its dark early in the morning, and I'm a little down. But I will say that this particular fall, for probably the first time in my adult life, I have lived exactly in the moment and been so, so happy and content with and proud of myself and my life.

Glimpses of Fall 2018:


























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend in Paris

France & Germany

Snow Days