I Can Feel Fall Time Coming

I can feel fall time coming. 

I know its coming because its dark outside when I go to bed now and that's new. 
8pm feels more like 8pm and less like 2:00. 

The landscape has gone from yellow to purple; now some ivy is turning red. 
The calendar says August and that must mean September is next. 

I know fall time is coming because I have an urge to get new blankets and candles with a warm cosy vibe, 
sit down with my planner, fresh purpose, and readiness for routine but... fall time is throwing me this year. 

Even though schools are reopened today, church is still happening remotely for the foreseeable future. I'm trying to figure out what children and family ministry is supposed to look like right now and through Christmas and truly I have no good or exciting answers.  

I don't really know how to plan anything for the future personally either and I find that disorienting. On one of our more optimistic days we planned out some Saturday fun days for the fall. Just walks or hikes that are just a short bus or train ride away. I would love to reschedule a weekend in Liverpool, and one day get Craig to Austria and me to Copenhagen. I would love to feel safe to visit family in AR.  But who knows when any of that will be.

Every plan is now held loosely, and I suppose that's always the case because we don't determine the future, but I sort of live like I do. 

I think this is a scenario of just doing the next best thing and keeping on with it. I'll figure it out and probably even enjoy a lot of it but... fall time is throwing me this year. 

pictured: late summer light and a bike chained to a fence

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend in Paris

France & Germany

Snow Days