Summer Visitors

Hey - come visit me! It is really fun and I love to plan trips.

Last July, my mom, and her aunt and cousin were a bit spontaneous and ventured over.

This was a very laid back trip. The highlights have to be our day trip to the Kelpies, Loch Lomond, and Stirling Castle.




I also dragged us to the Botanic Gardens which is one of my favorites, and my mom took us to North Berwick which is one of her favorites.




We also gorged ourselves on Afternoon Tea. My first!


Later that month our friend Steve stopped by. Steve is tied for most visits from a non-family member, so you all have some catching up to do. I'd sent my parents off on a no-phone/no-map adventure to Cramond Island one time when I had to work, but this was my first time there. It's worth visiting. Even on a drizzly day, I loved it. It's fun because you have to go at low tide to get to and from the island. Then the island feels like you're in some adventure book (if you have a fun childish imagination like me).




Then in August my friend Mandy came to visit!! It deserves double exclamation points.

This itinerary included gin tours, Stockbridge strolling, a jazz show at the Fringe Festival, a trip to Skye, and so much more. Basically it was a marathon of all my favorite Jill & Mandy things--drinking and eating and live music and hiking and chats and festivals and seasonal fun. Mandy always gets me off butt and sometimes out of my comfort zone. And she was incredibly patient and gracious living and traveling with me and Craig for a week+ which is no easy feat.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend in Paris

France & Germany

Snow Days